Information on the rules, membership fees, benefits, membership registration and cancelation procedures of the Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering.
1. Types of Membership
The types of membership of the Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering are as follows:
- Regular member: An individual who joined the JSECE in support of the activities of the society
- Supporting member: Organization that supports the activities of the JSECE
- Student member: Person enrolled in university (including graduate school and junior college) or technical college who supports the activities of the JSECE
- Honorary member: Person who made remarkable contributions to the development of the JSECE, is recommended to be one by the Board of Directors and approved as one by the General Assembly
- Subscriber member: Organization whose purpose is to subscribe to or read JSECE journals and other publications at the library
2. Membership Fee
Every member is charged an annual fee once a year in a lump sum (membership year is from April to March of the next year).
The fee may be paid by postal transfer, bank transfer, or automatic withdrawal. A member who joins the JSECE during the membership year is required to pay the full fee.
The member fee differs depending on the type of membership as follows (effective as of April 2018):
Note that the fee for a regular member who chooses *automatic withdrawal is discounted to ¥8,500.
|Supporting member (Special Class)||
|Supporting member (First Class)||
|Supporting member (Second Class)||
|Supporting member (Third Class)||
* If you wish to automatic withdrawal, we will send you the necessary documents, so please contact the office of the society.
3. Member Benefits
- JSECE journal: The JSECE journal is published bimonthly. Copies are mailed to members around the 20th of every odd numbered month.
- Eligible to participate in annual conference, symposiums, lectures, workshops, tours, and joint events with other related academic associations with a discount.
- Sabo Library: JSECE members are eligible to freely use the Library.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Support System: Members who are holders of a consultant engineer license are eligible to use the CPD Support System.
4. Application to Register as a Member and Changing Membership Information or Canceling Membership
To apply to register as a member, complete the application form and mail or fax it to the address below.
Your application will be approved when your fee payment is confirmed. Please pay the fee to the following account.
Contact the office of the society if you need an invoice for your fee payment.
If any information you provided in the application form changes, complete the change notification form and send it to the address below.
To cancel your JSECE membership, please fill in the membership cancellation form and send it to the address below.
|Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering Office
Annex,Sabo Kaikan, 2-7-4 Hirakawa-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan 102-0093
Phone +81-3-3222-0747 Fax +81-3-3230-6759
Bank account for the transfer: account number 00160-5-85776
(Account name: Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering)
Bank account: Kojimachi Branch, Mizuho Bank (ordinary) 1492035
(Account holder: Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering)